Signature Dental is pleased to provide our patients with the option of getting dental veneers to hide cracked and chipped teeth. Veneers are an easy way to restore the look of your smile and prevent further damage from occurring to your existing teeth. Our highly trained and professional staff can provide you with all the information you need to decide if dental veneers are right for you. You can contact Signature Dental in Frisco and Richardson to discuss how veneers could improve your mouth and smile.
What Are Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers are a permanent solution for cracked or chipped teeth that you want to hide. They are made from highly durable and strong porcelain, and they look and feel like real teeth. Dental veneers are permanently attached to your existing teeth and are made to look like your existing teeth in shape, size, and color. They are a great alternative to dental implants which require more time for surgery, healing, and placement.
Dental veneers are used in cosmetic dentistry quite frequently as a way to improve the look and feel of a person’s face, smile, and mouth. Although veneers can be a cosmetic solution, they also provide restorative benefits; when you have a full set of teeth, it’s easier to eat and speak. Veneers have been used in cosmetic dentistry for years, and they continue to improve. They are made better and stronger than veneers of yesteryear, and they last longer too.
What’s Involved In Getting Dental Veneers for Cosmetic Purposes?
When you decide that dental veneers are right for you, you can speak to our dentists here at Signature Dental about getting fitted for them. It can take several weeks to prepare a patient for veneers because of the steps involved in preparing the tooth, taking impressions, and waiting for the new veneer to arrive. There are several steps involved when you decide to get veneers:
- The first step in getting your new veneers is to discuss whether or not you’re eligible for dental veneers. It’s important that your existing teeth are healthy and there is enough of a root present to hold the veneer in place.
- The second step in getting veneers is to the prepare the tooth. The tooth or teeth will be prepared for the new veneer by sanding them down to make them a more desirable shape to fit the veneer.
- The next step is to take an impression, or mold, or your teeth so that it can be sent to the dental lab and the veneer can be created. When the veneer is sent back to our office, you’ll be invited in, and we’ll place the veneer on your tooth using a bonding agent that will prevent it from moving or falling off.
- We’ll provide you with a temporary veneer to make sure you don’t have to walk around without a proper tooth in your mouth.
- The next step is cleaning and placement. Teeth must be cleaned thoroughly before the veneer can be placed on the tooth. Once the tooth is secure, your dentist will inspect the and clean up any additional adhesion that’s left from placing the veneer on your tooth, or teeth.
While veneers are considered permanent, they may become loose or require maintenance after several years. It’s important to continue to see your dentist on a regular basis if you have veneers to prevent any damage from occurring. Regular check-ups also ensure any damage is fixed as soon as possible – if it does occur.
How Do You Care for Dental Veneers?
We will show you how to care for your veneer after it’s placed in your mouth. Just like your regular teeth, you can brush and floss your dental veneers everyday. If you notice the veneer is damaged, or if you experience any pain or discomfort in the area, contact our office as soon as possible. Signature Dental can repair the veneer or make sure there is no infection present. If you take care of your teeth and your veneers correctly, there’s no reason why your veneers can’t stay looking as good as it did when you first got them. Proper maintenance is important.
Contact Signature Dental Today
Whether you want to cover one tooth or many teeth, cosmetic veneers are the perfect solution for creating the smile you want. Contact Signature Dental at our Frisco or Richardson offices today to book your consultation and to learn more about dental veneers. We can’t wait to hear from you!